This session will focus on the following:
· How do privacy and security incidents happen?
· What does the regulatory enforcement landscape look like and what kind of penalties are involved?
· What types of risk reduction strategies are available?
· How can you limit liability through careful contracting?
· How can you manage liability through insurance? (limitations of traditional policies, first vs. third-party coverage)
· What should you know when responding to a breach or complaint? (discovery, preservation, and privilege issues)
· Who can help? (attorneys, forensic firms, PR consultants)